Thursday 23 July 2009

132nd AUSTRALIAN SHEEP & WOOL SHOW


Last week saw me making a nostalgic trip to the Sheep and Wool show as a guest at the Women of Wool lunch.

Mum and I ran a stall at the show a few years back when she had just started hand-dyeing wool. We had a lot of fun and I never forget the time Kaffe Fassett stopped to admire mum's colours and introduce himself. It was quite a buzz.

A few years on and the Wool and Sheep show is still thriving and full of activity. I spent quite a while in the sheep judging area and managed to snap this shot of one of the competitors. I was also lucky enough to sit next to the energetic Dot Vallance who organises the Woolcraft section of the show and have a chat about craft trends. Brenda McGahan from Wool Innovation also gave a great speech at the lunch about some exciting new projects the Australian Wool industry is involved with.

Cheers
Pat

No comments: